Friday, May 25, 2012

Algonquin Park 2012

I've skipped ahead a few months from where I left off but thought I'd post something a bit more recent. This past week or so I took a trip to Algonquin with Mike, Jay and Danny, thanks again guys for inviting me to go along. I'm not one to take a fishing trip but I have to say it was a lot of fun. And I even caught a few fish. I won't tell you any tales about how big the fish I caught were but suffice it to say there were probably not the biggest fish in the lake. Lets get to the photos.


This first one is obviously a seagull so there isn't much to tell about this one



And here we have a fire, once again not much to tell



This is a 360° photo turned into a "world." This shows our campground on our island and the water, sky and land mass across the water.



I bought a camping hammock before the trip and was dying to try it out. So on the second night I set it up and spent the night in it. This is the view I had when I woke up. Couldn't really ask for a better view to wake up to.



On the second day in the "Park" we took a 5 hour canoe trip involving a few long portages (1.5KM and 2.5KM were the longer ones with a few 400M and 200M ones thrown in for good measure.) This photo here is a 360° shot of me standing on a beaver dam along the Petawawa River.


I then took the image and made another little "world."



This is a shot from our island at dawn.



A bit of a wider shot from our camp.



A night shot from our camp.



This is a canoe.



And lastly we have a night shot/star trails shot. (The red in the tree is from the fire in the pit behind the camera.)


4 comments:

  1. Dear Jared, I think you should sell your photos!!!! Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, which one would you like to buy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are indeed gorgeous!!! Although I am curious as to who you had to "make up" to in your camping hammock. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah, I have fixed it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete